Atlantic City Electric Reminds Customers of Important Energy Assistance Programs to Help Those Behind on Their Energy Bills
During New Jersey Utility Assistance Week, the company is urging customers to act now to secure millions of dollars in energy assistance funds
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (May 17, 2021) – As summer approaches and temperatures climb, energy use typically increases leading to higher energy bills. To further assist its customers, Atlantic City Electric is recognizing New Jersey Utility Assistance Week, May 17-21, by reminding customers to act now to secure the millions of dollars in assistance funding that is available for those who may be struggling to pay their energy bill.
Atlantic City Electric understands the ongoing challenges customers are facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is committed to helping every customer meet their energy needs. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the company has helped thousands of customers manage their energy bills by providing tips and information about how to save energy and works closely with its community partners, connecting customers with helpful state and federal energy assistance resources.
Energy assistance programs supporting Atlantic City Electric customers include:
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides grants in varying amounts based on a household's income size, type of fuel, and type of dwelling, with no pay back required. Customers can apply for LIHEAP energy assistance through the Department of Community Affairs website, by contacting their local LIHEAP Agency, or by calling 800-510-3102.
- The Universal Service Fund (USF) helps ensure energy bills are more affordable for eligible customers. Call 800-510-3102 or visit energyassistance.nj.gov for information.
- New Jersey SHARES is a nonprofit corporation that provides assistance to income eligible customers. Visit njsharesgreen.org or call 866-657-4273.
- The Payment Assistance for Gas and Electric (PAGE) program provides relief on electric and natural gas bills for low-to moderate income customers experiencing a temporary financial crisis. Customers can call 732-982-8710 or visit njpoweron.org.
- Lifeline is a utility assistance program that offers $225 to persons who meet certain income guidelines. Utility customers as well as tenants whose utility bills are included in their rent can call 800-792-9745 for details.
Residents also can access the NJ Department of Community Affairs self-screening-tool to help determine what energy assistance benefits they may qualify for and for information regarding the emergency rental assistance program which covers utilities included in rental costs.
In addition to helping customers secure energy assistance, Atlantic City Electric offers expanded billing and payment options that include eliminating down payment/security deposit requirements, extending payment periods for balances and connecting more customers with energy assistance funds. The most important step that customers who are past due on their Atlantic City Electric bill can take is to contact the company at 800-642-3780 or atlanticcityelectric.com/help as soon as possible.
Atlantic City Electric encourages customers who have the financial ability to help support those in need by contributing to the New Jersey SHARES Good Neighbor Energy Fund for 2021 by visiting atlanticcityelectric.com/GNEF.
Atlantic City Electric also provides helpful tips and information to help customers save money and energy all summer. Customers can visit atlanticcityelectric.com/WaysToSave for more information.
Readers are encouraged to visit The Source, Atlantic City Electric’s online news room. For more information about Atlantic City Electric, visit atlanticcityelectric.com. Follow the company on Facebook at facebook.com/atlanticcityelectric and on Twitter at twitter.com/acelecconnect. Our mobile app is available at atlanticcityelectric.com/mobileapp.