The Neighborhood Services Department Drop-Off Facility (aka the Yard/Dump/Township Garage) is located at 2 Commonwealth Drive (off of Gravelly Hollow Road behind Bob Meyer Park)
The DPW yard is open Monday through
Friday, from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm for disposal of all items including household
trash, recyclables, wood, leaves, brush, electronics, paint, and motor
oil. The yard is open every third
Saturday of each month from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm; excluding holidays or holiday
weekends. The yard is also open twice a
month from April through October, with the exception of the month of August. The yard is located at #2 Commonwealth Drive,
adjacent to the Bob Meyer Park.
The Saturday yard dates for 2021 are as follows:
April 10th and
17th (2nd and 3rd Saturday due to Good Friday
May 1st and 15th
June 5th and 19th
July 10th and 17th
(2nd and 3rd Saturday due to Independence Day holiday)
and 18th (2nd and 3rd Saturday due to Labor
October 2nd and
Residents must show proof of residency to gain access to the disposal areas.
In an effort to protect our employees and allow patrons to dispose of their household items and debris safely, the following policies will remain in effect:
- All patrons must wear a mask or face covering when entering the yard and maintain this covering until they exit the yard.
- Patrons will enter the yard through the main gate on Commonwealth Drive and exit through the rear gate to Gravelly Hollow Road.
- Patrons will exit their vehicle upon reaching the attendant and provide their ID to the yard attendant. Once your address is confirmed, patrons will be directed to the designated disposal area for the items they need to dispose of.
- In an effort to maintain social distancing and allow residents to dispose of their items safely, a limited number of patrons will be allowed at each respective disposal area.
- Residents MUST bring assistance with them to help unload heavy or oversize items. Yard staff WILL NOT assist with removing or disposal of any items.
- Residents will obey the 5 MPH speed limit while in the yard.
- Residents who do not comply with these rules will be denied entry.
As we know this is a difficult time for everybody, we will do our best to accommodate as many residents at a time; providing they meet the criteria outlined above. Residents with questions, may contact the Department of Neighborhood Services at 609-654-6791, extensions 325 or 322.
**For curbside trash collection issues, please contact our vendor, Republic Services, directly at 856-533-5270 or email Roberta Young at email@example.com .
Questions regarding hours and materials/items that can be accepted at this facility should be directed to 609-654-6791 ext. 325 or 322.
RESIDENTIAL BULK TRASH PICK-UP
Residential Bulk Trash collection services are provided by Republic Services. This service is available to residential properties two (2) times per month; either of the 1st & 3rd Wednesday or the 2nd & 4th Wednesday. If you are located in Area "A," pick ups are scheduled on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays. If you are located in Area "B," pick-ups are scheduled on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays on the month. Please click HERE for a map with the Areas.
Residents must schedule a pick-up in advance; no later than noon on the Monday preceding the Wednesday pick-up request. Please use our Citizen Service Request program (Click HERE); e-mail BulkPickup@medfordtownship.com or call 609-654-6791 extension 325 or extension 322 to request a pick up.
Please keep in mind that Medford's Bulk Collection program is NOT for the purpose of removing demolition or construction projects. The intended purpose is to assist residents in removing normal household items such as furniture and other large items too big to fit in the trash containers. Our current policy allows for the pickup of 2 large items (furniture) and/or 5 other allowable items. Whole house move-in/move-out cleaning is not permitted. Please do not place items to curb until the night before your collection day.
And as always if you have a question please feel free to contact us at the above contact information.
There are restrictions and exclusions to this service, including construction debris, large exercise equipment, and recyclables such as televisions and computers.
Residents are encouraged to consider donating usable items to a local charity such as Goodwill, located on Old Marlton Pike & Hartford Road; or Purple Heart, one of several which will pick-up items to be donated. There are also several social media sites such as Medford 08055 Yard Sale on Facebook or Freecycle which many residents use to sell or give away usable items.