5/1/2020 - UPDATED RULES FOR USE OF TOWNSHIP PARKS & OPEN SPACE AREAS
4/30/20 COVID-19 UPDATE: In order to remain compliant with the Governor’s Executive Order #133 issued on April 30th, Medford Township is updating rules for use of municipal parks and open space areas. Parks areas are open dawn to dusk; and absolutely no later than 8:00 pm to comply with the Governor's mandatory curfew.
The following is PERMITTED at Medford Township parks as well as County & State parks:
- Fishing, boating, canoeing, hiking, birding, walking, running or jogging, and biking
- The Freedom Park Dog Park will remain open but all dogs MUST BE LEASHED to ensure social distancing
If utilizing a County or State Park, it is recommended researching any restrictions that might apply for that particular location. The CDC guidance regarding the safe access of parks advises individuals to stay at least six feet away from other visitors.
The following Township park areas/locations remain CLOSED:
- picnic areas,
- skate park,
- athletic fields, (All MYAA activities have been suspended)
- exercise stations and equipment,
- chartered watercraft services and rentals,
- all other buildings and facilities.
Additional recommendations and policies shall apply:
- Employees and visitors should wear cloth face coverings while at parks in all settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health or where the individual is under two years of age
- Parking will be limited to 50% of the maximum capacity at one time, with prohibited parking in undesignated areas
- No picnicking shall be allowed, including on picnic blankets in signed picnic areas, and no picnic blankets, chairs, coolers or other such personal property shall be carried into any Municipal Park or forest
- No organized or contact activities or sports shall be allowed
- No gatherings of individuals, including in parks
Individuals are in violation of the Executive Order when they engage in these activities, and the Police Department will enforce these orders.
Medford Township reserves the right to further restrict use of municipal parks and open space areas if these Executive Orders are not adhered to.
Please refer to this CDC website for additional information & guidance when using parks and open spaces: