Medford hosts a great number of events throughout the year. This list includes a sampling of the major annual events, but we recommend that you check out our Township Calendar for other activities and more details. (Click on the event for a link to the sponsoring organization's website)
*Please sign up for E-mail notifications, including events and activities by visiting medfordtownship.com/email*
Easter Egg Hunt - on Saturday the week before Easter (April 13th, 2019 starting at 11:00 am--Rain date April 20th)
Memorial Day Parade & Ceremony - Memorial Day (Monday, May 27th, 2019 starting at 11:00 am)
Quilt Show at Kirby's Mill - 1st full weekend in June (Sat. & Sun., June 1st & 2nd, 2019 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Art, Wine & Music Festival on Main Street - 2nd Sunday in June (Sunday, June 9th, 2019 starting at 11:00 am)
Fishing Derby - 3rd Saturday in June (Saturday, June 15th, 2019 from 9:00-11:00 am)
Independence Day Celebration at Freedom Park - Wednesday, July 3, 2019 starting at 6:00 pm--(Rain Date July 5th)
Country Day at the Mill at Kirby's Mill - 2nd Sunday in July (July 14th, 2019)
Art Show at Kirby's Mill - 1st Sunday in August (August 4th, 2019)
National Night Out - 1st Tuesday in August (August 6th, 2019)
Medford OktoberFest Music & Food Truck Festival - 3rd Saturday in September. (September 21st, 2019)
Scarecrow Festival on Main Street - 1st Saturday in October (October 5th, 2019)
Apple Festival at Kirby's Mill - 2nd Saturday in October (October 12th, 2019)
Halloween Parade - last Saturday in October before Halloween (October 26th, 2019 starting at 7:00 pm)
Veterans Day Observance - Veterans Day; November 11th starting at 11:00 am
Dickens Festival and Tree Lighting on Main Street - 1st Saturday in December (December 7th, 2019)
Food Trucks on Main Street - 3rd Thursday of every month from March thru December
Multiple food trucks offering a diverse menu of foods and desserts will be parked along Main Street from 5:00-9:00 pm every 3rd Thursday. Stores & restaurants will be open late with special sales and promotions, and the Medford Arts Center and others will be offering special activities. Check the #DestinationMedford Facebook page or the Calendar or News Feed on the home page for the listing of trucks each month. *Food Truck operators can click HERE for the Application Form & Instructions to participate.
Medford Arts Center - 8 North Main Street.
The Medford Arts Center (MAC) sponsors a number of special events, activities, classes and other programs throughout the year; including their monthly "Art Walk" along Main Street held the 2nd Friday of every month from 6:00-9:00 pm. Click HERE to be directed to the MAC's website.
Main Street Market - Still Park, 88 Charles Street
Offered the 2nd & 4th Saturday morning from 9am - 1 pm from June thru October; offering locally sourced produce, honey, soaps, candles, jewelry, crafts and more. Click HERE for their website. Sponsored by the Medford Business Association & the Main Street businesses #DestinationMedford
YMCA of the Pines (Camp Ockanickon) - 1303 Stokes Road
You can also check out their calendar of events by clicking HERE
Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge - 4 Sawmill Road
Their programs, events & classes can be found HERE
FOR EVENT HOSTS/SPONSORS
With the proliferation of special events hosted in Medford Township, we remind event sponsors of Medford’s current rules, requirements and Ordinances that pertain to events held in the Township.
First and foremost, as you will note from the annual calendar of events link, the sheer number of events in and of themselves adds a tremendous burden to the Departments that may be involved and impacted, most especially our Police Department. For example, an event you host may not require Police Officers for crowd control, however the increased traffic will have an impact on vehicular and pedestrian safety on the roads leading to your facility and the Police Department needs to be aware for appropriate Officer patrols and deployment.
This calendar is also maintained by the Township so that organizations do not schedule events at the same time. We encourage event sponsors to send us all of your events for inclusion.
- Every event held in Medford that will require Township staff must first submit a Special Events Permit Application (see additional links on the right sidebar) The fee is $25, and also requires a Certificate of Insurance no less than $1 million with Medford Township listed as the Certificate Holder/Additional Insured.
In addition, the event sponsor or host will be required to reimburse the Township for the entire cost of Township personnel and equipment.
Once the Department Heads involved confirm that they can provide the needed staff and/or equipment, the Permit Application can be approved. Larger proposed event sponsors may be required to meet with the Police Department in advance to determine the number of Officers that may be required for road closures, traffic & pedestrian safety and crowd control.
- Road Closure of County Roads (Main Street/Route 541, Taunton Boulevard, Tuckerton Road, Church Road) will also require Burlington County approval and execution of Agreements and indemnifications to the County. A minimum of 60 days lead time is required for County approvals. See link on the right sidebar for more information.
- Those sponsoring organizations conducting an event on Township owned property must also submit a Facility Use Permit Application (see link on the right sidebar). The schedule of Fees is included with the Permit application, however only one Certificate of Insurance will need to be submitted by the event sponsor.
- Event hosts and sponsors will oversee their own food vendors; however, all Food Vendors operating in Medford Township must have a Food Handler’s License which is issued annually by the Township Clerk’s Office. For more information, please call 609-654-2608 x328. Also note some Food vendors may be required to have a Fire Permit. More information can be found at www.medfordfire.org or by calling 609-953-3291.
- The Application Form & Instructions for Food Trucks wishing to participate in the monthly Food Trucks on Main Street can be found HERE.
- Rules pertaining to the tasting and/or consumption at events under a State Social Affairs Permit are set by the State Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Board and enforced by the Township. Applications need a minimum of 8 weeks lead time, as they must be reviewed by the Medford Police Department, approved by the Township Council, then approved by the State ABC Board. The Application can be found on the State ABC website, and is to be submitted to the Township Clerk’s Office.
**Please note that alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in Township parks and all other Township properties.
GAMES OF CHANCE (Raffles, Bingo, 50-50, Chinese Auction)
- Rules pertaining to Games of Chance are set by the State Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. (LGCCC-Click to link to their website) Any of the above referenced activities will require a License. Rules and requirements can be found on the State’s LGCCC webpage. Applications typically take a minimum of 90 days for approval, as they too must be reviewed by the Police Department, approved by the Township Clerk and memorialized by the Township Council, then submitted to the State which has 14 days to review. Applications are to be submitted to the Township Clerk’s Office.
- Medford Parks & open spaces are open from dawn to dusk, unless approved via the aforementioned Facility Use Permit. For private property, under Chapter 102--Noise Ordinance, the operation of any musical or television equipment must not be audible at a distance of more than fifty (50) feet between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am. Enforcement will be conducted by the Police Department.
- The Zoning Office enforces Medford’s Sign Ordinances. This Ordinance is very comprehensive, so event sponsors should contact this Office before placing any signage in Medford. There are allowances for banner signage on private property two weeks prior to an event, and yard signs are permitted for up to two weeks prior to an event to certain non-profit organizations that qualify under this Ordinance. Main Street Banners are no longer permitted. The Zoning Office can be reached at 609-654-2608 x315.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Beth Portocalis in the Manager's Office at 609-654-2608 x324 or at email@example.com.