Medford Economic Development Commission Fall 2019 Survey
The Economic Development Commission (EDC) is asking for your important feedback. They ask that you please take a few minutes to complete their survey. They will compile the responses and use them to recruit prospective new businesses and to help support existing businesses in the Township. The survey can be found here on our website: http://www.medfordtownship.com/ecode
The EDC is appointed by Township Council to assist in the development of a positive business environment in Medford. Through its efforts, the EDC, in collaboration with the Medford Business Association (MBA), works to create and foster a business friendly atmosphere that attracts and retains appropriate businesses for our Township.
PLEASE COMPLETE & SUBMIT BY OCTOBER 6, 2019. They will publish the findings on the Township’s website later this fall. Questions and comments may be sent to EDC@medfordtownship.com.
Thanks in advance for your feedback!!
Economic Development Commission
The Economic Development Advisory Commission (EDC) assists the Medford Township Council in the development and maintenance of a positive business environment. The group meets monthly, consulting with the Council and Manager, and collaborating with the Medford Business Association. The Economic Development Commission goals are:
1. Create and foster a business friendly atmosphere that attracts and retains appropriate retail, professional, and service firms.
2. Develop and promote an image of Medford Township as a good place for shopping, dining, recreation and doing business; all of which makes Medford a desirable place to live, work, play and raise a family
3. Develop a criteria for desirable types of business in exiting commercial areas and market opportunities to attract them
4. Facilitate communication and partnerships between businesses in specific retail areas and encourage and support strategies to increase patronage to these areas.
5. Maintain close working relationships with the Medford Business Association, the Burlington County Office of Economic Development, and various State agencies and regional Chambers of Commerce that support business development.
6. Work in coordination with Township Planning and Zoning professionals to review and modify existing Land Development Ordinances related to commercial development and operations.
To this end, we invite you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to join us at an EDC meeting.
Meetings generally take place on the Second Thursday of each month, at 7:00 P.M., in Cranberry Hall. Cranberry Hall is located behind the Municipal Building at 17 North Main Street. All regular and special meetings of the Commission shall be open to the public. Please check the "Meetings" tab on the homepage for up-to-date meeting locations and times, or contact us at email@example.com if you would like to attend a meeting.
Agendas are posted here on the Friday before each meeting.
January 28, 2019
February 21, 2019 (3rd Thursday) *Cancelled
March 14, 2019
April 11, 2019
May 9. 2019
June 13, 2019
July 11, 2019
August 8, 2019
September 12, 2019
October 10, 2019
November 14, 2019
December 5, 2019 (*1st Thursday of the month)
January 22, 2018
February 26, 2018
March 26, 2018 (No meeting due to lack of quorum)
April 23, 2018
May 21, 2018 (No meeting)
June 25, 2018
July 23, 2018
August 27, 2018 (No meeting due to lack of quorum)
September 24, 2018
October 22, 2018
November 26, 2018
December (NO meeting)
February 2019 (No meeting)
March 2018 (No meeting)
May 2018 (No meeting)
August 2018 (No meeting)
December 2018 (No meeting)
2019 Commission Members
Joe Burgoyne, Chair
James Previti, Vice Chair
Scott Roe, Recording Secretary
Beth Portocalis, Manager's Office (Ex-Officio)
David Vaughn, Medford Business Association Liaison (Ex-Officio)
Bill Stauts, Medford Business Association Liaison (Ex-Officio)
Contact the EDC
Please contact the EDC by emailing EDC@medfordtownship.com. You may also call (609) 654-2608 x324.
Click HERE for a PDF map of the major commercial corridors in Medford.
Click HERE for our Business Recruitment Prospectus.
Please visit our Doing Business in Medford page for business resources.
Click HERE for the Burlington County Bridge Commission's Financial Resources page for County-based businesses.
Social Media and Your Business
The Medford Business Association and the Medford Economic Development Commission have presented four (4) free SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOUR BUSINESS! tutorials which can be viewed here online and Part II here. The Powerpoint presentation is available here. Content included "Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube, hashtags: What are they, how can they help your business reach more customers, what do you need to get started, and more!".